Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Tons of work to do

There is a ton of work to do to get this place going. Two main areas, each with a long list of needs, require attention. First is to get the yard ready for cabins and/or RVs. We need to relocate the Septic tank away from the water well and then we need to level this place in preparation for trenches for electric, water, and sewage lines. Then we bring in caliche and pack it down to provide a surface for structures and driving. There is a lot of dirt to move so we are praying to find a backhoe to use.

Inside the building there is drywall and plaster
repair work to do in preparation for painting. I need to cut a hole in the ceiling and install one of those drop down stair things so we can get up there to rewire this building. The future electric needs exceed the wiring in place. We plan on installing a commercial kitchen along with large coolers for soft drinks and stuff.

One of my previous companies, "Corporate Liquidation" introduced me to the advantages of purchasing at auctions. I called it "Stealing legally" because I could purchase things for pennies on the dollar value of each item. Cutting costs effectively is a foundation of building a business so when the time comes we hope to find things like coolers and commercial kitchen items at auction. For that I need a cash source and my source for all things is God through lots of prayer. So pray with us folks that He bring the right people into our lives to help us get this ministry together. Considering the huge amount of work that needs to be done requiring a backhoe and dump truck I will be looking to find a steal of a deal on one at auction. It is not just the store location but the 50 or so acres we plan to develop on the farm. Plus I can see a business side of owning the dump truck and backhoe because there is a huge demand for such items and an operator of them in this oil boom. Shoot there are business opportunities all around us here.

Speaking of that we are looking at something called "papercrete" as a building material. Currently the newspapers around here have to pay to dispose their leftover newspaper in the landfill every week. Come to find out it can be converted into a type of brick and formable plaster like building material that is strong and durable, along with being lightweight. I can get the newspaper for free or may even be paid to haul it off and add a little Portland concrete and I have a low cost building material that enables me to build our cabins at a great price. Still have some studying to do on that.

Here is where I started digging the hole needed for the septic tank by hand. I don't sit around waiting  for miracles, I work as we pray for help.

I am also studying aerobic septic systems for the Oasis. These cost a little bit more than standard septic systems but the advantages are well worth it. I am a firm believer in spending a little bit more now to spend less in the future. With the aerobic system the water is reclaimed and can be used to water plants, grass, or anything else. Water is like gold out here in the desert and we need to be wise with its use.

No comments:

Post a Comment