Friday, February 1, 2013

a simple 1 page plan



A good friend suggested I write a shorter and more concise business plan to assist in finding the investors we seek to join us as we create a thriving business, so here it is.

When opportunity presents itself it is the ones who not only see the opportunity but put forth the effort to take advantage of it that succeed. Opportunity has presented itself.

There is a tremendous oil boom in West Texas now and thousands are coming here to find work because the rest of the country is in bad shape. As a result housing is not just in short supply but not available. Corporations are building what are called “Man Camps” to house workers and front yards are being bulldozed to quickly make spaces for RV’s to be parked. Prices quickly escalated for all housing. $40.00 hotel rooms go for $120.00 and $700.00 a month apartments now rent for $2000.00. Monthly rentals for RV spaces that used to be $250.00 are now as high as $650.00 and I heard one report of one thousand dollars a month but have not confirmed that. 

Consequently there is a need and the ability to fill needs is the key to business. A property on the interstate just became available and I have obtained the first option to purchase it, though there is a time deadline of the end of February to do so. The property has a 1500 sq. ft. commercial building on a little less than 1 acre of land. There is a water well and septic system already installed and room to place at least 12 RV spaces. The property can be purchased for $45,000. 12 spaces at a fair price of $450 a month will  generate $64,800 in 12 months. There is little question we could charge more but I like to be conservative in my estimations.

The septic system needs to be moved for it is closer to the water well than state regulations allow. Electric service and plumbing needs to be installed along with the property being properly leveled. I estimate this can be done for $20,000 or less and I am capable of doing most of the work. The building needs some cosmetic work such as painting and patching the interior and eventually windows installed where they had once been. 

This property is on the interstate at an exit and there are 26,000 vehicles a day that drive past so it is a prime location to service the needs of these many travelers in addition to those renting RV spaces. We will install coin operated laundry facilities, improve the existing shower, make Wi-Fi internet available and with the installation of coolers and freezers can safely foresee a thriving convenience store type business that will greatly increase the revenue this property generates. 

Understand that this is just the first phase of a bigger plan to create an RV park/campground using a portion of the 75 acres I own within sight of the store. A hundred RV spots along with camp sites, restaurant, and facilities to service the renters will generate at least $600,000.00 a year with a profit margin that can exceed 30% based on national averages of existing RV parks. Details can be seen on a website located at www.investorsrv.blogspot.com  

We are currently signing up investors who will partner with us in this opportunity. Contact me, Bob Westbrook at 432-488-7346 or email at bobcarver1@yahoo.com

3 comments:

  1. Bob: I strongly urge you to get advice from a Texas attorney before you offer any investment opportunities to anyone. Please go back to my Google+ site for more details. There is danger ahead if you continue on your present path. I have set the Google+ site to "Private", but you are a member. I will add my phone number to the site. Call me any time.

    David

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bob: I posted a message for you on my blog. If it is too long, let me know and I'll pick out the important chunks.

    David

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. David, I can't seem to find the blog you are referring to. Email me a link please

      Delete